And now TWC has officially gone dark on DirecTV (as of midnight ET Monday
night):

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/73263/the-weather-channel-gone-from-directv

TWC's CEO accused DirecTV of "putting profits ahead of public safety" and
said they wanted a deal "that allows for continued investment in science
and technology to deliver weather news and stories to viewers".

To which I say: If you were *actually delivering* weather news and stories
to viewers around the clock (like your replacement WeatherNation) instead
of all the long-form programming you've tortured viewers with over the past
several years, then -- and only then -- would I buy that statement.

In the meantime, as I posted on TVNewsCheck:  Good riddance.