I had thought maybe "Cop Rock", but an LA Times article from 1990
<http://articles.latimes.com/1990-10-26/entertainment/ca-3228_1_cop-rock>
indicates
it lived on Wednesdays at 10E.

Thinking about Cannell, he was an EP on "Hunter" - was there ever a season
where "A-Team", "Riptide" and "Hunter" all aired on the same night?