It's not a return of production (that is probably an impossibility for many
reasons), but American Public Television is offering a test package of four
episodes of the cult classic with Joel Hodgson (including "Manos:  The
Hands of Fate") and if enough stations are interested will be put into
syndication for next year, with a regular series of "MST3K" reruns perhaps
following--the shows will be trimmed from their 94 minute running time (2
hours with commercials on COM and SCI) to 88 minutes to fit a 90-minute
time slot (I would assume that the host segments would get trimmed):

http://www.current.org/2014/11/apt-offers-mst3k-episodes-to-public-tv-stations/

Unfortunately, I can just see the angry letters (not E-mails or tweets,
letters) from pompous ass highbrows seeing this as yet another example of
the "dumbing down" of public television.  They're wrong, but there is that
strong segment of the PTV audience that is hostile to any kind of comedy on
PTV.