PGage, to Tom Wolper, to Adam Bowie:

> The problem is that there is no incentive to bring AM/FM radios into the
>>> 21st century so the odds are against anybody developing high tech
>>> accessories for them.
>>>

>> My advice would be to ask at a local Radio Shack. That's the store that
>> will carry AM/FM radios and they might know about any available
>> accessories.
>>

> Better hurry:
>
> http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-phillydeals/Malls-have-been-a-dying-thing-for-us-Wholl-replace-RadioShack.html

The Shack has decided it will survive by strictly competing against the
cellphone providers, killing off components which people are finding far,
*far* more easily direct from the furriners that produce 'em.

Mom already has a remote to shut off a plugged-in floor lamp which is on
more often than the overhead fixture in the family room, where her bed and
the main TV are... if a remote-through-walls version can be found, she'd
make him plug his AC-or-DC Sony portable into that in the kitchen...'twould
be far easier than making the artists-no-longer-known-as-Clear Channel dump
their rightwing comedians on AM790 in Ahl-en-tahn...