Here's a bunch of tweets collected by Current on the news:

http://current.org/2015/08/c-is-for-capitalism-reactions-to-the-sesame-street-hbo-deal/

Several tweets mention the irony of the fact that a series that was created
to teach the poor basic letters and numbers skills is now only available
"to the rich" (which is not necessarily true, but hey).

The comment in the top post from the PBS station manager in Seattle makes a
more important point--that the bulk of PBS Kids programming over the last
decade has become animated instead of live-action, which is a big change
from the PBS lineup many of us knew and loved.  I realize that at least
most big city PBS stations are now wall-to-wall kids from early morning to
BBC/"NBR"/"NewsHour" time and that animated programming is cheaper than
live action, but the PBS difference outside of the emphasis on education
WAS Mister Rogers, The "Sesame Street" humans, "The Electric Company" cast
and the "ZOOM" kids.  That's gone now (not to mention the fact that credits
are now squeezed back for promos--and I realize that the target audience
can't read 'em anyway).

Mark Jeffries
Saints Spotlight Editor
spotligh...@gmail.com