Speaking from my experience in Kazakhstan, their cable TV shows tennis and
football... er... soccer matches from other networks with Russian
announcers providing commentary (though probably not direct translations of
what the English speaking commentators were saying). As you witnessed,
multiple network bugs one on top of another.