From: tvornottv@googlegroups.com [mailto:tvornottv@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of David Lynch
Sent: Monday, January 4, 2016 11:47 AM
To: tvornottv@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [TV orNotTV] SportsTV: College f-ball bowl scheduling leads to
sucky ratings

I saw something that unquestioningly reported that the College Football
Playoffs folks wanted to stake out New Year's Eve as a holiday for watching
college football in the way that the NFL has Thanksgiving and the NBA has
Christmas and completely ignored the fact that they already have New Year's Day.

The Yahoo piece makes a good point about the first game being too early for a
day when some people are working a full day, but the thing that jumped out at
me on the day itself was the scheduling of the second bowl. it started at 8:00
PM Eastern, and considering that college football games without the additional
pomp, circumstance, and ad time of a bowl have been known to stretch past the
four-hour mark, I feel like they were lucky to get it all in before midnight. A
friend based in the Mountain Time Zone said on social media that it felt like
he had to choose between a New Years Eve party and football -- the 6:00 PM
kickoff is too early to start a party when you know that you're going to be
there until after midnight, but the roughly 9:45 PM end time was too late to
try to go somewhere else after the game.

On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 9:19 AM, Joe Hass <hassgoc...@gmail.com