The cast list mentioned does seem a little low-rent for the British
version. While it's true that I've had to Google a few names from the US
version, there are bona fide stars in it. The Channel 5 version has
recognisable names to British audiences but I'd have thought they'd really
want to kick off with a "wow" name.

Years ago Channel 5 had a thematically similar show called Night Fever that
was filled with especially cheesy guests. In that iteration, the collection
of game show hosts and soap stars would have to sing karaoke versions of
songs. It'll need to shake those vestiges off.

Adam