I was first "aware" of Joel right around Innocent Man. And I liked it. Good
tracks. And then a few years later I got my hands on The Stranger, being
blown away, and remember thinking "Wait: this is the same guy?" So I've
always kinda separated him into two people Pre-Innocent Man (who was
absolutely outstanding) and Innocent Man onward (where be blew every dime
of credibility he had with the exception of Big Man On Mulberry Street, and
that's only because of Moonlighting)..