Charles Osgood today announced his retirement as anchor of CBS’ “Sunday
Morning,” ending a 22-year run at the broadcast. Osgood’s award-winning
45-year career at CBS News will be celebrated during his final
appearance as anchor on Sept. 25, 2016 on the CBS Television Network.

Osgood will continue as the anchor of “The Osgood File,” his daily news
commentaries broadcast on the CBS Radio Network and on stations around the
country. He will also make occasional appearances on “Sunday Morning.”

“Some of you may have heard rumors lately that I won’t be hosting these
‘Sunday Morning’ broadcasts very much longer. Well, I’m here to tell you
that the rumors are true,” Osgood told viewers during today’s broadcast.
“For years now people -- even friends and family -- have been asking me why
I keep doing this considering my age. I *am *pushing 84. It’s just that
it’s been a joy doing it!  Who wouldn’t want to be the one who gets
to introduce these terrific storytellers and the producers and writers and
others who put this wonderful show together?

“I want to thank all of them, and all you in our still-growing audience,
for your support and encouragement,” Osgood continued.  “It’s been a great
run, but after nearly 50 years at CBS -- including the last 22 years here
on ‘Sunday Morning’ -- the time has come: and a date is set for me to do
my farewell ‘Sunday Morning.’”

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/charles-osgood-announces-retirement-as-anchor-of-cbs-sunday-morning-after-22-years/

No replacement announced yet, but my money's on Jane Pauley.

-Tim