I'm sure there are some second run rules, but isn't it really just a PR
story?

"Nobody" is really going to be sitting up at 4am to watch S05E14 or
whatever. I assumed the post Thanksgiving date was to do with nobody
running new episodes of anything between then and Christmas.

Therefore non-stop Simpsons reruns will rate as well as anything else at
that point.

I must admit I've never quite understood the basically "no new episodes in
December" thing. I assume as rates are lower. But broadly December always
seems to be midseason break time from what I can fathom.

Adam