The reboot was developed by the same fellow we can thank for the 'new' Hawaii
Five-0.  If you like that program, you might be down for this update of the 80s
program.
I'll admit that the original program has not aged well, based on a recent
rewatch of the TV movies done shortly after the show ended.  But so far I still
say it has more charm than the pilot.
It's a pretty standard action-adventure story, with a Mac the lead of a team
rather than acting on his own.  The trademark low-tech solutions are still
there, and while Mac still isn't keen on using a gun, the rest of the show is
just fine with it.

George Eads (CSI Original Recipe) is the big name on the show, playing a
character that was a bit different in the original series (and then only seen
periodically).  Lucas Till plays Mac, but comes across better in his voiceovers
(which seem to borrow more from Burn Notice than the original show).
It certainly seems a good fit on Fridays for CBS, but I could easily see this
going the way of CBS's Rush Hour and disappearing after a season.  (FWIW,
Justin Hires, who played the Chris Tucker role in the TV show, is also on
MacGyver).
If it's on and I'm home, I'll probably watch it.  But that's the extent of the
effort I'm willing to put in for it.
David