I keep most of my files on a pair network drives. Each of these has a pair
of drives that mirror one another - in other words, there are two hard
drives in each device with duplicate copies. This is basically to avoid
hard drive failure, as a basic rule of law for me is that if there are
moving parts in something, it will eventually break.

But that didn't get around either being robbed or my flat burning down (the
former being much likelier). A previous "off-site" back-up solution I had
was simply a third hard drive which I kept in a desk drawer at work. Once a
month I'd bring it home and do a backup, then drop it back at work the
following day.