On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 2:11 PM, JW <redbu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Businessweek on the present and post-election future of the Trump
> campaign: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-27/inside-
> the-trump-bunker-with-12-days-to-go
>
> Thanks for that - a really fascinating read.

Reuters published a fun "make your own Trump TV" web gizmo that lets you
attempt to balance the budget on the venture to see if it would be
profitable:

http://fingfx.thomsonreuters.com/gfx/breakingviews/1/235/285/index.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

But the web-thing above is predicated on monthly OTT subscriptions -
certainly not a proposition that's bundled into a regular cable package.
And I must admit that I don't see a web-only proposition as working for
him. It would exist in its own world for its own supporters and not get the
mainstream attention that Trump craves. And it might work as a business
model, but I'm not sure that preaching to the choir is what Trump wants to
do. Isn't that essentially the world of right wing talk radio hosts like
Alex Jones?

Incidentally, I learned most of what I know about Alex Jones from Jon
Ronson, who's written a great Kindle short about Jones, the alt-right and
Trump if that's your sort of thing:
https://www.amazon.com/Elephant-Room-Journey-Campaign-Alt-Right-ebook/dp/B01LXOO7UQ

Adam