I wasn't quite as down as some were with the first episode of the run, but
the second was definitely superior. This side of the pond something like
Sherlock always attracts more coverage that average, and it always amuses
me that people feel that a show has to be bracketed as a certain *type*.
There were complaints after the first episode that Sherlock was turning
into an action star - carefully ignoring the fact that in the books Holmes
could always take care of himself. I even read an angry denunciation of the
end of the episode, because it was trying to be too clever. To which I
would reply, Sherlock probably isn't the series for you.

Was there profanity in Sherlock? I must have missed it.

The BBC allow a few F-words in its post 9pm dramas should they be
warranted. The night before, Taboo had launched in a 9.15pm Saturday slot
(very unusual scheduling). It certainly had a few F-bombs in it which I
assume FX either had alternate takes of, or did strange sound dips to
avoid. Am I right in thinking that's slightly too strong language for a
channel like FX?

I do note that drama runs a full commercial-free 60 minutes on BBC1, and
that FX run it for 1:23 as a result. But I'm straying off topic.

Adam