> On Dec 1, 2017, at 8:06 AM, Diner <bwayst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't been to many TV tapings in my life, but in the nineties I went to
> one Letterman, one Leno, and two Conans. When I told my brother-in-law that
> the shows I witnessed were complete shows that just taped all the way through
> from start to finish, he was shocked.

For comparison, I went to a Wednesday “Conan” taping last year, and he did the
Wednesday show all the way through, except for the musical guest, and then did
just the Thursday monologue and second act (a comedy bit).

Through the magic of “Conan” sometimes posting outtakes online, this is Conan
dealing with the absence of the musical guest from that taping:
http://teamcoco.com/video/scraps-sturgill-simpson-intro
<http://teamcoco.com/video/scraps-sturgill-simpson-intro>  (Some of this is a
callback to Timothy Olyphant’s interview segment, in which “Ellen” giving away
underwear was discussed.)