On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 1:29 PM, Kevin M. <drunkbastar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 9:13 AM David Risner <da...@risner.org> wrote:
>
>> Too bad it’s a very rainy day for the first time in 11 months here in
>> SoCal.
>>

> True, and the Batmobile doesn’t have a roof (or windshield wipers).
>
> Also, for those who liked the ‘60s Batman series, the “Hollywood Museum”
> (located in the old Max Factor building and essentially full of old props
> dug out of studio trash cans) has a new exhibit dedicated to the caped
> crusaders opening this month.

I spend a lot of time thinking about this and I don't mean to be snarky in
my comments. When we were growing up all of pop culture was supposed to be
ephemeral. We would watch a TV show when it aired and then it would go away
forever and what was left was in the interplay of our memories and youthful
imaginations. When one thing went away other things would come along to
claim our attention. The exception might be movies, where we could see old
movies late at night or on weekend afternoons.

Today we are awash in all this old stuff and it competes for our attention.
An infinite amount of old music on the music platforms, old TV on the
digital subchannels or subscription services, old radio shows streaming
from old time radio sites, movie streaming services, plus DVDs and Blu-Ray
discs. Nothing personal against Burt Ward, but how does he get to make a
living feeding off something he did for a short time 50 years ago? Compare
him to Robert Duvall or Gene Hackman who consistently worked for those 50
years and earned our attention even now. Even Adam West popped up here and
there. But what has Burt Ward done?