> On Jan 28, 2018, at 12:47 AM, 'Dave Sikula' via TVorNotTV
> <tvornottv@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> In the experience of both myself and my wife, "Jeopardy" taped in real time
> with one exception; even though everything else takes the time it takes on
> the broadcast, players get as much time as they need to calculate their Final
> Jeopardy wagers. In my second game, one of the other players had a
> discrepancy between what he had written down and what he told the PAs he was
> wagering. They have to double-check it so that someone doesn't say, "Yes, I
> know I wrote down $15,000, but I actually meant to bet $15,500."

They'll also stop tape when a contestant hits a Daily Double -- or extend a
commercial break -- if the judges are still trying to determine if a previous
response is acceptable. And the contestant interviews are sometimes edited for
time.

That said, I'm sure game shows being taped in real-time is more due to the
efforts of the producers, rather than the host. I went to a couple of "Price Is
Right" tapings back in the Bob Barker era, and I'm positive he would have been
very happy to drag out his interactions with the contestants. (I've only ever
seen clips of his work on "Truth or Consequences," but I've seen it said that
he was better on that show than he was on "Price Is Right.")