Despite the fact that the US doesn’t dominate the Winter games quite the
way they do the summer games, I commented a few days ago to my wife how odd
it was to not see the US higher up in the medal standings. My theory is
that it’s a regression to the mean.

I present, without opinion of any kind, a story that appeared in today’s
Globe and Mail about the US performance in PyeongCheng to date. The author
links the Elizabeth Swaney debacle and DJT to the American performance and
crowd presence.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/sports/olympics/the-americans-and-their-terrible-horrible-no-good-very-bad-games/article38026417/

(The author is something of a provocateur, a fact you’ll likely pick up on
in the first para. I still haven’t forgiven him for his hit piece on my
hometown of Edmonton two years ago, when he was here to cover the Women’s
World Cup. Such a Toronto-centric A-hole.)

Chris