As for the other part of this story - the biopic - the Queen wanted Halle Berry
to play her (in her later years?).

https://ew.com/article/2011/01/26/aretha-franklin-halle-berry-biopic/
 Regrettably, this made the news lately because it was the subject of an
argument that led to
gunfire.https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2018/08/17/apparent-argument-over-whether-halle-berry-should-play-aretha-franklin-ends-in-shooting-in-virginia/?utm_term=.270c25ae007c
David

   On Saturday, August 18, 2018, 10:54:57 PM EDT, Kevin M.