Ex-Sen. Al Franken takes first steps back into public arena

By STEVE KARNOWSKI
Associated Press
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Nearly a year after he resigned his U.S. Senate seat
amid sexual misconduct allegations, Al Franken is testing whether he can
make a comeback in the #MeToo era.
The former "Saturday Night Live" funnyman released a podcast on health care
this week, saying he's experimenting with ways to make his voice heard. It
came out just days after a heartfelt Thanksgiving Day Facebook post in
which he said he's not running for anything, but mused how much he misses
"being in the fight every day."
Longtime friend Norm Ornstein of the American Enterprise Institute says
he's had discussions with Franken recently about how Franken might play a
role in public life going forward. He says Franken is "moving cautiously,
deliberately and with some humility" to find his voice again.