At CES recently, all the big TV manufacturers announced their new models -
although they won't be available until the spring. Several brands have
announced that they're including Apple Airplay into their new TVs. Sony,
Samsung and LG all spring to mind. However, I don't know if they'll only be
the higher end models or not. I would suggest spending some time on The
Verge.

If you're interested, I would also recommend a recent episode of their
podcast which is an interview with the CEO of Vizio. One thing that is
quite scary is the amount of data these new smart TVs are collecting.
Because TVs are now a margin business - 6% profit on each one sold - the
manufacturers are looking at other ways to monetise their sets. That
includes selling data about what you're actually doing and watching with
your TV. There may be ways to opt out of it, if it's the sort of thing that
bothers you (It's definitely the sort of thing that bothers *me*). One
interesting facet is that he manufacturers' agreements with Apple mean that
Apple has forced them to switch much of this off because they're so privacy
focused.

In overall terms, I confess that I prefer using my TV "dumb" and do all my
streaming via an Nvidia Shield TV which is hands down the best streaming
box or stick I've tried. But that's probably not all that useful to know.

Adam