Aside from how horrific the Trump Shit Show has been, it has posed an
interesting and difficult challenge for TV news. There is a good argument
to be made to not take the Briefing live, and just air the relevant parts
on a short delay. But what the US President says during a time of national
crisis is per se news, so it is arguably irresponsible to delay it even a
little.

 I have been on the side of those calling on WH reporters to not ask Trump
a single question, and only direct questions at the experts. I would also
do what CNN and MSNBC have started doing, which is only dipping in on
Trump’s live opening comments as they seem to veer into the neighborhood of
being substantive.

But there is no way to do this right; when you elect a film Flåm man
president, this is what you get, even when tens of thousands of Americans
are dying.

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 6:16 AM 'Bob Jersey' via TVorNotTV <
tvornottv@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Doug Eastick, in part, to Kevin M, Joe Hass et al, Thurs. (4/09):
>>
>> The whole WH behaviour is shameful.... IMHO.
>> I listened to MSNBC the past few nights around the 5-7pm hours and they
>> were mostly cutting in-out the whole time.  Any time a Doctor went to the
>> podium, they went live -- at least that's what I observed.
>>

>> NYT: Even his party loyalists feel DJT should leave the docs alone to run
> the pressers...
> https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/09/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-press-briefing.html
> (link)

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tvornottv/8544f90d-ec31-4c62-9784-6e81550d3e2b%40googlegroups.com