Which is more, the number of times Baldwin threatened to quit 30 Rock, or
doing Trump on SNL?

His performance last night was not particularly good, but it did remind yet
again that originally SNL sketches did not depend so much on make-up and
physical impersonation. Of course the initial SNL presidential parody
wasn’t based on impersonation at all, but was still hilarious. One of the
top ten SNL sketches of all time (Akyroid’s Carter) had only the mildest of
make up and verbal impression. I’m not against make up, but I think relying
on it too much signals they joke they are going for is mostly “he
looks/sounds just like him” rather than commenting on specific aspects of
the target’s personality or functioning.

I thought this was by far the weakest of the three at home editions, I
suspect they will all benefit from a long break.

It seemed to me that there was almost no interaction between the two hosts
on WU; the first two times I believed they were looking and listening to
each other on Zoom or monitors or something; this time it seemed they had
recorded each host separately and edited them together.

Did I FF too much and miss it, or was there only one musical number?

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 7:47 AM Jim Ellwanger <train...@ellwanger.tv> wrote:

> Colin Jost said during "Weekend Update" that it was their last at-home
> show, and Kristen Wiig said "see you in September" during the close. Based
> on when the new season has started in previous years, I suspect they have
> the next episode penciled in for September 26. But there are still some
> variables -- will they even be allowed to do a show from Studio 8H at that
> point? Will they be willing to do a show from Studio 8H on that date even
> if they have to limit the size of the live audience (or not have one at
> all)?
>

> On May 10, 2020, at 6:56 AM, 'Bob Jersey' via TVorNotTV <
> tvornottv@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> Variety, in part, on SNL's cold open last night (5/09):
>
> Citing that his valet got the virus, Baldwin’s Trump noted he had to do
>> his own makeup, resorting to a “Liza Minnelli makeup tutorial” to do so but
>> was still honored to be the “vale-dictator.”
>>
>> Although he acknowledged that the day should be about the graduating
>> seniors, he did, of course, want to talk about himself — and how “poorly”
>> he feels he has been treated, which he compared to the treatment of Abraham
>> Lincoln.
>>

> https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/snl-at-home-finale-cold-open-virtual-graduation-1234602949/
> (link)

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tvornottv/252A37B0-5DCD-4A1F-B425-5F1633C90EF4%40ellwanger.tv