To help clarify just a smidge: the shots at Kondo (one that while I didn't
take, I wholeheartedly endorse) weren't that she was monetizing her fame,
it was that she was doing so by peddling the type of products that she
would argue in her book you should get rid of. The perfect (hypothetical)
equivalent would've been Linda McCarthy endorsing a line of Shepherd's Pie
(Now With 20% More Chicken Flavour!).