There is one:  "Live Wire Radio" from Portlandia, now an independent
company whose flagship stations are Oregon Public Broadcasting and
distributed by PRX, the co-operative program downloader that swallowed up
PRI (Michael Feldman:  "The International House of Radio").  Hosted by
former NPRer Luke Burbank and an hour show with more of a mix of music and
comedy.  The biggest markets that it's on are Washington DC (WAMU) and
Seattle (KUOW) but like almost everything else on public radio, it's a
podcast.

There was also "West Coast Live" from NPR secondary station KALW in San
Francisco, which was more of a talk show with live musical and comedy
interludes.  It ceased live broadcasts in 2017 and went off the air at the
end of 2018.  And MPR also tried its own entry in the "PHC" replacement
sweepstakes with "Wits," an improv comedy show hosted by John Moe that
simply never caught on.

Which brings up the question:  Will public radio stations want another
replacement for "Live From Here" or are they satisfied with the
storytelling sessions and Ira Glass knockoffs?

Mark Jeffries
Saints Spotlight Editor
spotligh...@gmail.com