On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 8:40 PM Mark Jeffries <spotligh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> MONDAY
> 8 PM — Dancing with the Stars--I believe host Tom Bergeron has already
> said that even in September, the combination of 600 cheering audience
> members and 25 sweaty bodies on live television (and no one wearing masks)
> is asking for it.  I would hope that the BBC has already decided that there
> will be no "Strictly" this fall--please tell me that's true, Adam.

So far they've not determined that Strictly will be cancelled. But I can't
see it going ahead with a studio audience which instantly removes a lot of
the show's appeal. There was talk of the professionals being isolated for a
couple of weeks to pre-record the group dances, but I have no idea how it
would work when sweaty contestants have to practice week in, week out and
then go home to their families.

Maybe they'll cobble together something for the TV audience, but I can't
see how the normal format can work until at least 2021 without significant
risk.

So far in the UK only select shows have gone back into production, and
they're being shot very differently. If dramas are tricky, then this would
seem extraordinarily hard...

Adam