The last two nights Mr. Colbert has been *almost* as loopy as he was in the
last show they shot in the Ed, and his coverage of Falwell came across as maybe
too gleeful to be very funny.  Granted, I think if I'd mainlined the last two
weeks of convention coverage, I probably would have lost my mind at some point.
With his near-giddiness at the Falwell story (to the point of chiding some of
his Monday guests that he couldn't talk about it yet), and general weariness
with the whole thing, I hope he gets some needed rest.
David