Just so Kevin isn't the only one on this list with an opinionated response - I
have no personal experience with Stars and Stripes, but my college acquaintance
Michael Schneide grew up as a military brat, mostly in Hawaii, and is now an
editor at Variety:

https://twitter.com/franklinavenue/status/1301928329470046208