We can't control when other's metaphorically see the light. I can believe
someone can spend hundreds, if not thousands, of hours with a group of
people and only know them superficially.

Maria Taylor (who was in the top right, handled the segment, and also broke
down as Herbstreit talked) said this to the Athletic: "But when Herbie
started talking, I thought that is the response I want every person that is
not of color to have these conversations. His passion was real and raw and
all he was saying was that this is unacceptable, and I want people to feel
for the black community. They deserve to be treated better because they do.
That is what hit home to me. We have these conversations all the time and I
appreciate him and I love him and vice versa. I know it is mutual. But to
hear him say that on behalf of the entire community was overwhelming for
me. It just brought me to tears. It was so emotional. I was on the verge of
tears coming out of the feature anyway."

At some point, I'll share with this group what it's like for a white guy
who lived his life in the suburbs to have cops treat him like a black guy
for six minutes.