Last week the American Federation of Musicians released an open letter to the
corporate parents of ABC, NBC and CBS on behalf of live TV musicians.  Contract
negotiations are scheduled to continue this month.

https://www.afm.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/OpenLettertotheNetworks.pdf
The basic argument is that the deal for live musicians is not at parity with
those for actors, writers and directors.  The letter doesn't break down the
different deals, but this AFM press release does.
https://www.afm.org/2020/09/live-tv-musicians-sign-open-letter-to-networks-demanding-respectus/
The letter is signed by many of the bandleaders, music directors and musicians
of the late night shows, and competition shows like The Voice and Dancing with
the Stars.

It also suggests that Maddie Rice has joined the SNL band, which should make
some list members happy.
I learned about all of this through Jon Lampley's Twitter feed, he's quoted in
the press release and signed the letter.  You usually see him playing trumpet
on The Late Show.

I'm assuming FOX is on a different setup, or could it be that they have *no*
shows that use live musicians?
David