Back in the early days of Conan's talk show career, when his interviewing
skills were by far the weak link, it was the opinion of some people in my
college dorm that the show should be converted from "Late Night" to something
like "The Conan O'Brien Variety Hour," with only the comedy bits and the
musical guests.

It's finally happened!