Right. Her next lawyer will be chosen by her, but only with the court’s
permission. She is still conserved, and is not able to make most key
decisions about her life.

I don’t like the whole “Slavery/Freedom” frame applied to this, but the
development today does not “free” her, or end her conservatorship status.

On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 at 7:32 PM Kevin M. <drunkbastar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 7:27 PM PGage <pga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> When you need permission to hire a lawyer, you are not “free”. Though I
>> dispute the use of the word (free) in this context.
>>

> Her previous lawyer was “court appointed,” though many in the media have
> erroneously stated that lawyer was hired by Papa Spears.
>
> I’m just glad she didn’t choose Gloria Allred.
>

>> On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 at 7:43 AM 'Bob Jersey' via TVorNotTV <
>> tvornottv@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>>
>>> She was freed yesterday by an LA judge to hire a new lawyer... Mathew S.
>>> Rosengart, a prominent Hollywood lawyer and former federal prosecutor.
>>>
>>> It's on.
>>>

>>> https://www.npr.org/2021/07/14/1015949197/britney-spears-conservatorship-case-live-updates
>>>  (link)

>>> Moi, to PGage, July 1st: