Meghan is a D-list actress and Harry hasn’t even accomplished that much.
They aren’t worth anybody’s attention… they aren’t important enough to
insult. Clarkson thought he was punching up, which is always fair game, but
he misjudged it and it turned out he was punching down. That’s what got
him. If they were wearing crowns he could have pulled it off. But because
they are commoners in the eyes of the public, he crossed a line. He is
perhaps the most hyperbolic character in British media, so I don’t
understand how or why anyone takes him seriously. But what he wrote wasn’t
career-ending. He’s been slowing his career down for several years now,
anyway. His career will continue to slow.