I disagree with KO. I have always seen Colbert as the most liberal person
regularly on mainstream entertainment TV (far more liberal than, say, Jon
Stewart). He was liberal way before Trump was a thing.

But he is liberal is a particular way - liberal Catholic. A lot of secular
folks on the Left read any commitment to traditional religion as
invalidating a claim to be genuinely liberal.

Keith worships at the church of Olbermann, which often is more dogmatic
even than the Roman Catholics.

On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 at 1:59 AM 'Dave Sikula' via TVorNotTV <
tvornottv@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Given that Colbert thinks the world of Licht, who seems to be living down
> to everything KO describes him as being, I'm going with Olbermann on this
> one.
>
> That Colbert does not like TFG is obvious, but most of his other politics
> seem to be pretty moderate. Of course, it could just be the alcohol talking
> (and, seriously, does anyone on television drink on camera as much as he?).
>
> --Dave Sikula
>
> On Thursday, January 19, 2023 at 12:22:16 PM UTC-8 Kevin M. (RPCV) wrote:
> Olbermann was living in Trump Tower while he was berating how evil Trump
> was. He has no credibility to criticize anyone else’s liberalism.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tvornottv/8065e645-6030-4f6a-8d8c-01a9c1c94418n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tvornottv/8065e645-6030-4f6a-8d8c-01a9c1c94418n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

Sent from Gmail Mobile