The thing is, CNBC could show a test pattern from roughly 7 pm to 5 am.
What does a financial network show other than for a few hours before, after
and during the time  that the market is open?

I'd rather watch Jay talk about cars he enjoys than a lot of the other
filler they use. If I had cable, I mean.

Speaking of which, I see that CNBC is trying another 7 pm newscast. I
thought they gave up after the Shep Smith attempt, which I seem to recall
was respected but evidently didn't draw the ratings CNBC was hoping for. My
question is, what makes them think this time will be different?