I watch a lot of out of market hockey on ESPN+ and I notice that a lot of
games are carried on Bally stations. Bally Sports is owned by the Diamond
Sports Group which is, in turn, owned by Sinclair. I was surprised to see
the article linked below about a press conference given by MLB Commissioner
Rob Manfred about what the MLB will do with DSG’s upcoming bankruptcy.

DSG bought the rights to baseball from FOX for $10.4 billion a couple of
years ago and took out an $8 billion loan. This month they defaulted on a
$140 million interest payment which means they are headed for bankruptcy
court and a reorganization. That would make baseball (and hockey) teams
that have contracts with them into creditors who stand to get only a
fraction of what they are owed under contract.

The reason DSG gives for their financial woes is the drop in revenue due to
cord cutting. Apparently AT&T Sports Networks are going through similar
problems as they paid baseball teams less than they were owed recently.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/35668388/rob-manfred-mlb-ready-diamond-sports-group-pay-teams