Disagree. I went back and started over with Season 1, then did Season 2,
and liked both (2>1). Disappointed they are not continuing.

I don’t think the number of gay characters was unrealistic. Yes, 2 of the 4
main characters being gay is a high percentage, but they are not drawn from
the population at random, they know each other, and so we know them,
because they are gay. Once one of them is gay, it is not shocking that
someone else they know is also gay. Plus, as I have noted before, it is an
homage to the fact that half of the actors in the 1960s TV show we’re gay,
and also explains a lot about the relationship between Perry and Della.

On Tue, 6 Jun 2023 at 5:40 PM Kevin M. <drunkbastar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like for some streaming service to resurrect this as maybe a
> trilogy of movies because it has a great cast, but as an episodic series it
> fell into bland minority stereotypes, and making an almost farcical
> percentage of the central characters into closeted gays and lesbians felt
> too contrived. Each season felt like they were stretching what should have
> been movies into multi-episode stories.
>

> https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/perry-mason-canceled-hbo-1235635233/
>
> --
> Kevin M. (RPCV)