When Alex hosted, they produced new episodes during the 2007-08 writers' strike
reusing old material, and nobody seemed to notice. (It's unknown whether there
were any potential contestants who refused to cross the picket line.)

During the writers' strikes prior to that, the writers were not part of the
WGA, so the show was unaffected.

I'm actually in the potential contestant pool right now, so if they do wind up
producing new episodes somehow, and they call me... well, I guess I'll have a
big decision to make at that point.