I had been debating literally for years whether to buy some vintage TV
dramas on DVD that seemed resistant to streaming. During prime pandemic I
bought The Fugitive box set and a DVD player, and counted both cheap
against the pleasure. Within the last year I bought Mannix, and as noted
below am not yet done with Season 1.

Sure enough, I notice today that Mannix is now streaming on Amazon, along
with another vintage series I have had my eye on, Barnaby Jones (no sign
yet of Cannon; and no, I don’t count ad supported streaming).

I don’t begrudge the development, but wondering how long these shows have
been streaming, and if indeed it is recent, if the release was spurred on
by the strike, and an attempt by Amazon to lure some of those old eyeballs
that watch so many CBS procedurals?

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile