As it turned out, it looked like both Smith and the other guest, standup
Ricky Velez, were at the Ed last night (but in the broom closet used during
COVID), I assume meaning that the changes were made on very short notice. I
also assume that Velez was to have done a standup set, but instead did a
bit in which he tried to take over the show with surprise guest Pete
Davidson, after which they went to an interview where I assume Velez tried
to go to his act.

I guess that a guest host for the rest of the week is out of the question,
if only to allow the audience members who got their tickets to come.