I couldn’t stomach five minutes. The music amped up the life or death
intensity… of a fashion show. A dramatic story doesn’t have to be
over-dramatic to be compelling or engaging. You don’t have to inflate
tension to make a story interesting. I remember when I watched the first
episode of Downton Abbey, I thought to myself “Nothing happened in that
entire episode,” followed immediately by “when is the next episode airing?”
The New Look felt like a textbook example of trying way too hard.

On the Apple