I wholeheartedly agree with the piece and the overblown reaction to Johnson.

What I can't tell is to what extent that really impacted on the film's
opening. Poor reviews and particularly, poor word of mouth are likely to
have been bigger issues surely? I'm not saying TikTok memes can't make or
break a movie, but so can sub-par CGI and highly tangential characters who
are basically unknown to all but the biggest comics diehards.

I didn't go and see this film mostly because I heard it was bad and read
some really bad reviews, not because of a media narrative was that made the
case that Johnson hated the film herself.

Adam