On Mar 13, 2014, at 4:17 AM, HawkOwl <hawk...@atleastfornow.net> wrote:

> There is no other reason to do a base repo switch other than "svn is
> scary" or "I don't like svn".

There's a very good reason to do a base repo switch.

Right now, every time we do a merge to trunk, we're losing all the metadata
about version history; the individual commits within the branch don't show up
in 'svn blame' so it's hard to determine how an individual line got to be the
way it is.

I'd very much like us to switch to git entirely so we can start preserving all
of this information.  I don't know if we'll use git forever, but the sooner we
switch, the more history will be preserved for future version control systems
(whatever we migrate to once the git fad has run its course ;-)).

-glyph