On 09:02 pm, gl...@twistedmatrix.com wrote:

On Jul 7, 2014, at 4:13 AM, HawkOwl <hawk...@atleastfornow.net> wrote:

On 7 Jul 2014, at 18:50, Hynek Schlawack <h...@ox.cx> wrote:
On 7 Jul 2014, at 12:23, Bret Curtis wrote:
It is my recommendation that after this is reviewed and hopfully
commited that we make a branch and tag the release as 0.54.0. The
reason for the large jump is that antong's last semi-offical release
was 0.53 on PyPI. At this point we (myself and anyone else that wants
to help) should reach out to downstream projects (PyPI, Debian, and
etc.) to make them aware that Ldaptor development is again active.

Since ldaptor is a Twisted project now, may I suggest you copy its time-based version numbers? 14.0 has more meaning to itself than 0.54.0.

Well, Nevow is a “Twisted Project” and it doesn’t — but I agree that it has more meaning.

It might not be a bad idea to do this for Nevow too, for that matter.

It might not be. Now that so many new projects are being added to the github Twisted repository (and particularly, projects that have new contributors), perhaps it is (slightly past) time to set down some of these things officially?

Jean-Paul