On 26 Jan, 08:51 pm, a...@roiban.ro wrote:

The review should be completed before the ticket is merged, so the bot
should not be doing this automatically.

but in the commit message I do add the author, why not have the bot
automatically assign the first author form the list, review merge and
close the ticket?

What is the purpose of these manual task and why you don't want to
automate them?

You jumped pretty quickly from "it is not automated" to "you don't want to automate them".

Building reliable automation is work. If that's work you want to do, feel free.

One challenge you'll have to contend with is that the metadata automatically collected by trac is often incorrect. For example, the author field is populated based on the person who creates the svn branch. Non-committers can never create svn branches so the tickets worked on by non-committers often have an incorrect author field.

I'm sure this can be overcome. It's just one example of an extra difficulty you might not have immediately recognized when thinking about how reliable automation to take over this menial task could work.

Jean-Paul