> On Oct 30, 2015, at 11:49 PM, Chris Norman <chris.norm...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Amber
>
> On 31/10/2015 06:45, Amber "Hawkie" Brown wrote:
>> Hi Chris,
>>
>> Twisted does not yet support Python 3 on Windows.
>
> That's a shame. I've never contributed to an open source project before, but
> I'd be glad to try and help out. I feel I __may__ know enough Python now to
> certainly have a shot at it.

If you feel like you might, you definitely do :-).  Often people feel like they
need to be advanced rocket surgeons to work on Twisted, but in fact, our robust
code-review process means that you don't have to worry about making mistakes at
all.  Just submit your best effort, and you'll get a code review telling you
how to improve it so that it can be integrated (and you _will_ get at least one
round of review: I created Twisted, and even _I_ can't usually land a patch
without one or two rounds of review ;-)).

Thanks for offering to help out!  If everybody who wanted Python 3 support just
signed on to work on a ticket like this, the port would have been finished a
year ago ;-).
>> There's a ticket at https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/8025#ticket
>> <https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/8025#ticket> which makes all the
>> tests pass on the platform; I just need to work on it some more. I expect
>> Twisted 16.0 to have base support for Python 3 on Windows.
> As above, if I can help, please tell me how!

Our toolchain is a little clunky (sorry about that) for hysterical raisins.

Before I launch into an explanation though, are you already familiar with Git
and/or how to contribute on GitHub?

-glyph