> Nothing specific, although any conclusions drawn on the mailing list, or any
> specific thoughts you have about how you're going to proceed, are always
> helpful to record on the ticket for future reference.  Even if you think
> you're going to get it done in the next couple of days, chances are you'll
> take an 18 month hiatus in the middle and it's always helpful to have those
> notes to come back to :).

Agree completely, done.

> Smaller patches are better.  What do you want to 'update' about it?  If it's
> an independent change, just submit a different ticket and it will probably
> land quickly if it's an obvious fix.
It isn't so much update as I think it is equally broken for IPv6.  If I'm not
misunderstanding my reference (UNPv3), socket.IP_MULTICAST_TTL is specific to
IPv4, while IPV6_MULTICAST_HOPS is required for v6.  I attempted to use the
former in some IPv6 test code and, surprise surprise, inspecting the IP header
revealed it didn't work.  Using the latter worked.

Regardless, I agree, smaller patches keep things sane, I'll put this on the
queue after joinGroup.

Thanks,
-Jason