> On 1 Sep 2016, at 21:42, Yuri <yuri_abzya...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> I couldn't find Twisted-specific group, so posting here.
>
> Recently Twisted 16.4.0 got released. Yesterday I've tried to upgrade it for
> my apps and got an error.

> The errors comes down to this: twistd script does not add current working
> directory to python path (or removes it, I don't know what exactly happens),
> so it fails to import any packages/modules from it. The issue does not appear
> in previous version (Twisted 16.3.2).
>
> Any ideas what caused it?

Yes -- we moved to using setuptools console scripts, and these console scripts
don't add "." to the PYTHONPATH. We realised this in prerelease but decided
against fixing it, as it adding the current working dir to the PATH has lead to
a lot of  subtle bugs in the past and this is a good chance to make a break
from them.

So, in short, this is expected behaviour -- we generally want people to be
running twistd, trial, etc on *installed* Python packages -- testing or running
from checkouts often hides many bugs about what is or isn't included in the
installed package by accident. If you rely on this behaviour, though, set the
PYTHONPATH environment variable to "." -- e.g. `env PYTHONPATH=. twistd -n
myplugin`.

- Amber