Seems to require a new Python module, Automat. (Not mentioned in the NEWS file, INSTALL, etc.) I found Automat 0.3.0 (with Glyph's fingerprints on it) at PyPI, but it only exists in .whl format. Downloaded it, but I'm not sure what to do next. I was able to get it working by downloading and installing get-pip.py and Automat (contrary to the python.org documentation, I didn't have pip installed on my system even though it is Python 2.7.13 downloaded from python.org.)
   sudo python get-pip.py
   sudo pip install Automat

This is worrisome to me because I think this requires Internet access to pypi.python.org, which I have on my development and testing systems, but not on my production systems. Everything else I've ever needed, I could download and install source files.

Having done this, my app seems to run fine (only quick sanity testing so far.)

----install---
Searching for Automat>=0.3.0
Reading https://pypi.python.org/simple/Automat/
Download error on https://pypi.python.org/simple/Automat/: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:590) -- Some packages may not be found!
Couldn't find index page for 'Automat' (maybe misspelled?)
Scanning index of all packages (this may take a while)
Reading https://pypi.python.org/simple/
Download error on https://pypi.python.org/simple/: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:590) -- Some packages may not be found!
No local packages or working download links found for Automat>=0.3.0
error: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('Automat>=0.3.0')
------

---try to use without Automat---
medusa@Medusa:~/run> python medusa_server.py Rain
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "medusa_server.py", line 72, in <module>
    from twisted.application import service, internet
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Twisted-16.7.0rc1-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/twisted/application/internet.py", line 54, in <module>
    from automat import MethodicalMachine
ImportError: No module named automat
------